Photo Sharing Apps: Why Bloggers Need to Be Using Instagram
If you want to keep your blog growing you need to be aware of any major trends that occur – and photo sharing apps passing even music as the #1 way people spend their online time is a big change.
Between the amount of time spent sharing photos and videos, and the huge growth in smart phone usage – estimated to hit 2 billion by 2015 – it is obvious this trend is here to stay.
Facebook buying Instagram has caused a huge jump in new registrations, with Facebook claiming that there are now 100 MILLION registered users of Instagram. Some of the social media monitoring graphs I’ve seen lately show a huge percentage of activity per subject occurring on photo sharing sites like Flickr and Instagram.
Be imaginative in how you use photos and you can increase your income and traffic. For example, if you have a holiday promotion going on – like this how to do pumpkin painting post that Eren McKay shared – you could upload some of those photos to various photo sharing sites and especially to Instagram.
Timing is important – so you want to share those photos during the peak time people would be interested. For Halloween, that would be most of October and possibly the week after. Remember that if you want to sell something that only gets used BEFORE a holiday you need to share EARLY and CREATIVELY – not on the holiday itself unless your primary goal is more traffic or subscribers and not sales.
How to Use Photo Sharing Apps
We all know there is too much to do and not enough time to do it – so you want to make sure your time spent sharing photos – especially when using Instagram – is productive.
Put some thought into what your goals are and make sure the photos you share will attract the audience you need. Learn how to put text or captions on your photos so you can add a call to action to encourage people to do what it is you want them to do.
Listen to this short video from Murray Newlands on Future of Engagement for tips on how to get the most out of using Instagram:Key takeaways from the video:
- Upload plenty of interesting photos related to what you want to promote
- Tag your photos with relevant keywords
- When applicable, include a LOCATION in your keywords because people are more interested in what is happening close to them – and when you grow a local audience you have a new way to generate income for your blog.
If you can deliver the audience small businesses in a specific geographic location are interested in reaching they are much more likely to buy advertising or hire you to write about them or provide them with services such as Local Search Directory listings or blog outreach.
If you’re serious about social media marketing and tracking what is effective on Instagram, you can sign up for a free social media monitoring trial account. Use Bonus code alertivideo to extend it to a full 90 days.
- Blog Interact® Apps using HTML5 Microdata & The Open Graph Protocol
- Advancing SEO Using HTML5 Microdata in Web Design & Content
- Enjoying Hobbies on a Budget
- Develop Funny Flash Web Animation Videos for Creating a Lasting Impression on Your Audience
- Presidential Videos; Presidential Orders; Internet Freedom
Submit and interact!
@AnnieAmanda4: Dust bowl india pariwar mandatory referendum in passage to coin an benchmark entranceway chiropractic bummer in...
4 months ago from twitterfeed
@MSMUK: This Changes Everything: Social Signals, Your Website, and Google+ | @scoopit via @cendrinemedia http://t.co/ZwhIvHpatJ
4 months ago from Scoop.it
@cendrinemedia: Barcodes redefined! - via @cendrinemedia http://t.co/ThKqMoAWJZ #Barcode
4 months ago from Win the Customer
- 0 Mobile Enterprise App Development – Latest Buzz of the Market
- 0 Tutorial: Increase signups to your Mailchimp newsletter in a few easy steps
- 0 The Secret Of Achieving That Goal You’ve Been Trying To For Years
- 0 Magento Website Development Service for Robust Ecommerce Store
- 0 Want to Help Your Customers to Search Your Store? Get Advanced Store Locator
- Egan Medical: Since these home safety enhancements are practical as...
- Egan Medical: The reality is that by pushing flu vaccines...
- Egan Medical: It took a long an exhaustive search, but...
- Egan Medical: The Prenatal Cradle has a limited range of...
- Egan Medical: Both topical and oral vitamin D3 supplements can...